Working with Disabled Children in the Child Protection Process (WWDCCP) Training Course
By the end of the course delegates will feel more confident, and have a better understanding of:
- How this overview relates to Signs of Safety
- The impact of abuse on children with disabilities
- The barriers and factors impeding safeguarding of disabled children
- How the disclosure of abuse affects parents/carers
- The use of chronologies/ genograms and why they are important
- How to ensure consultation and participation in articulating desired outcomes from Safeguarding events
- Some of the key legislation and guidance relating directly and indirectly to disabled children and child protection.
- The key elements that support safety for children with disabilities such as transitional planning, multi-agency working, dealing with diagnosis
- How safe care can be supported by other factors such as the need for Sex and Relationships Education.
Delegates will create an action plan to improve your practice to share with managers.
Who Should Attend?
The course is suitable for all those new to social work in child disability.
Book This Course
Duration : 6 hours
Std. Group Size : 20
Price for Standard Group Size : $599.00 + VAT
Price per Additional Delegate : $50.00 + VAT
We are delighted to offer 10% discount off web course fees for all new clients when booking an in house course to take place before 30th October 2017
Please quote "new17" to claim this discount when booking
(Offer excludes QCF exam fees)