Managing A Risk Assessment (MANRISK) Training Course
- Understand the importance of thorough planning and evaluation as an ongoing process throughout the assessment.
- Explore roles and responsibilities and gain the ability to fulfil a key role during an assessment, gaining more clarity and confidence about good practice standards and the importance of working together across agencies.
- Gain a range of practical work methods to enhance the assessment.
- Gain a working knowledge of The Risk Assessment Framework and understand how to engage in an assessment using this as a structure.
- Experience practical learning to address methods of communication, including the reviewing and evaluation process, supervision, meetings etc.
- Explore the sensitive and crucial question of engaging families in an assessment, addressing issues of equality and diversity, staying child centred and keeping the child safe.
- Gain a range of skills, which will enhance professional judgements, decisions and recommendations.
- Understand Professional Dangerousness.
- Have time to explore the legal context of the assessment, with particular reference to reporting to and giving evidence to court when the assessment forms part of legal proceedings.
- Have a greater knowledge of the system of written records taking into account the purpose of these and who will have access to files.
- Understand the importance of practitioners having professional support and accessible practice methods, which will increase confidence and, ultimately raise the professional status of individuals and teams and ensure that families/children are advantaged by the service they are offered.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for social workers, managers in social and health care, family centre and family support staff and volunteers in similar settings
Book This Course
Duration : 2 days
Std. Group Size : 10
Price for Standard Group Size : £1,450.00 + VAT
Price per Additional Delegate : £110.00 + VAT
We are delighted to offer 10% discount off web course fees for all new clients when booking an in house course to take place before 30th October 2017
Please quote "new17" to claim this discount when booking
(Offer excludes QCF exam fees)