Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Training Course
This 6 hours course meets the revised first aid requirements. The course is ideal for low risk workplaces or to support those who hold the full first aid at work certificate.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions;
- understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure;
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively;
- administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock;
- administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including cuts, burns, scalds
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who needs to act as first aider or support a fully qualified first aid at work certificate holder.
Please note: this course does not replace the 3 day first aid at work, it is designed as a recognised first aid certificate for those in low risk workplaces, small workplaces or who are suporting first aid at work qualified personnel in larger or high risk workplaces.
HSE regulations limit this course to 12 participants per trainer
Comments from previous attendees inlcude:
"An excellent course- very informative and enjoyable" Herefordshire Council Delegate
"Our staff really enjoyed the course and have all come back telling head office how good it was" Food for Thought
"I have attended many first aid courses over 10 years, but this course was excellent with an excellent tutor and I learnt a lot" Herefordshire Council Delegate
Book This Course
Duration : 6hours
Std. Group Size : 12
Price for Standard Group Size : $499.00 + VAT
Price per Additional Delegate : $49.00 + VAT
We are delighted to offer 10% discount off web course fees for all new clients when booking an in house course to take place before 30th October 2017
Please quote "new17" to claim this discount when booking
(Offer excludes QCF exam fees)